Miriam & Roger were married at Musket Cove Resort on Malolo Lailai, a small & beautiful island off the coast of Fiji. It was such an honour to photograph this gorgeous wedding. What an amazing experience!
Here is a little about Miri & Roger...
- How did you meet? "We met at a lovely bay in the beautiful Marlborough Sounds on the Queen Charlotte track. I was tramping and Roger was mountain biking the trail. It was a very chance meet as both of us had a number of options for the day. Roger hadn’t planned on finishing the track at that bay but, lucky for me, he and his friend were not as fit as the rest of the group they were with and they chickened out and finished the track 10km early. We got chatting while waiting for the boat that would take us back to the mainland and we stayed in touch from there on. We have had an amazing journey together since then. I moved back to Germany a few months after we met and a little while later, Roger chased me all the way to the other side of the world. He left his job and moved over to Germany to be with me. He managed to learn German and really got to know my home country as well as all of my family and friends. And now, five and a half years on from when we first met, after many adventures around the world we are back living in New Zealand and I got to marry the love of my life!"
- How did Roger Propose? "On a holiday in Switzerland, after Roger had sneakily asked my father's permission in Germany on the way, Roger proposed outside a beautiful old church in the hills with amazing views across Lago Maggiore. He managed to sneak a ring box all the way from NZ through Malaysia, Germany to Switzerland without me having a clue even though I packed all the suitcases! It was magical!"
- Why did you choose FIJI to get married at? "Firstly we were restricted to having the wedding during my Father’s school holidays and as this fell in NZ winter we ideally didn’t want to do it here [New Zealand]. We knew we were going to be inviting people from many countries around the world, so, we thought a holiday/destination wedding would be perfect. Fiji was somewhere Roger had holidayed at often, and we had been there together once on one of our first holidays together. We both love beaches, the sun & the super friendly people in Fiji. It is such a romantic setting and it became an easy choice."
- Looking back, is there any advice you can give about people planning a Fiji wedding... Is there anything you would do differently, or not at all? "It’s a lot of work, we did most of it on our own. We absolutely loved our wedding day and wouldn’t change a single thing. If you are not very skilful at planning or don't have the time, it's a great idea to use a wedding planner who specialises in Fijian Weddings. The best advice I can give that we received from a lot of people is, on the day, just enjoy the day.. don’t let little hiccups phase you at all. Enjoy the special time you have with your future husband/wife and with all the family/friends you have chosen to share your day with you. Make a special effort to spend some time together on your own on the day away from the busy-ness to relish the reason of the day. We did this and just had the best day ever! For those wanting to get married in Fiji, we can highly recommend Musket Cove, the staff were amazing and we couldn’t have wished for a better resort to celebrate our special day at."
- Favourite or Funniest moment of the day/night? "During the exchanging of the rings Roger was struggling to get the ring on my finger as the warmth and humidity had swelled it! It probably took a good 30 seconds or so but in front of a crowd it felt like a lot longer. Part way through Roger cut the growing nervous atmosphere in the room by announcing “Fiji Time!” to which everyone laughed and he finally got the ring on!"
I hope you enjoy these gorgeous tropical photos!
Love, Kelsea xo
Photography - Kelsea K Photography
Venue - Musket Cove Island Resort
Wedding Planner - Gloria Osborne
Celebrant - Daniel & Usaia | Marriage Celebrant Fiji
Stylist/Decor - Self purchased, Musket Cove set up
Hair/Makeup - Hair & Makeup Perfectionists
Gown: La Sposa, Belle Bridal Los Angeles
Suit - Gibson, Nelson Tailors Menswear
Flowers - Namaka Market Nadi
Cake - Self made + Lulu's Cafe
Entertainment - Kulture Band
Favours - Self made